Friday, May 26, 2006

Another Aquisition

You know, I had another post typed in earlier this week and just as I finished it, I flipped IE. windows, then IE crashed. I lost my entry before I could save and publish it. I was so pist, that I didn't bother to rewrite the post again. Anyways, it was to the effect that we went to Carlsbad in our RV to camp, Kaleo got to play at the beach, building sand castle fortresses with me to try and stave off the waves of the incoming tide. It was futile, but Kaleo had a great time trying. I got a couple of hours of surfing despite the wind chop, a couple of nice drops and was able to maintain my arms and chest in somewhat decent paddling shape. We got home Tuesday where I met with the AC/Furnace guy to the tune of 9k for replacing the entire heating and AC unit. As Forrest Gump says "That's all I got to say bout' that". I was able to get some riding in that day to work off some stress. I rode pretty hard and cleared some steep and technical sections that I've never been able to do before. Who says you can't improve at 36?

Another Holy Grail was received a couple days ago: http://lousarcade.com/tz.jpg . To get it, I had to give up a Tales of the Arabian Knights and Terminator 2. I have had those for several years and admittedly, don't have a deep ruleset. I'd mastered those pins pretty easily. Hard to see them go, because I had put many hours and $$$s getting them into perfect playing shape, but the Twilight Zone happens to be one of the most collectable machines out there. I spent several hours tonight shopping it out and it seems to be playing well. As my son said in his broken four year old gibberish while banging away at the flippers - "This is the best game ever!". I think I've got him hooked.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grats on the TZ acquisition. I'm glad you had a picture for us. I had no idea what you were talking about until I saw the picture. I was thinking, "How the heck do they make TZ into a game?" Seeing that it's a pinball game makes so much more sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home