Friday, April 28, 2006

Butterflies

Well here I am on the eve of another 12 hour race. Tomorrow is a 5 a.m wake up call to check in the boats and get the transition area ready. I hadn't planned on racing this weekend, but got the call for a team last week. I was able to ride a little, run even less and paddling = hah = none. So needless to say, I hope I'm ready. I guess I'm about as ready as I'm going to be. My heart's racing and I doubt I will get much sleep tonight, but it should be fun. I shouldn't feel nervous, but I am. All the gear 's packed and I guess I need to head out the door. I know I'll be wondering in the middle of the race why I'm out there and why I miss my family so much, but I need to challenge myself every so often to make sure I don't get burnt out on being so domestic around the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home