Friday, April 07, 2006

Catching up

I've been busy with work, but my project is pretty much done - two weeks early. I did this despite cleaning up other people's messes, jury duty, production problems, and my habitual insomnia which leaves me cranky all the time. Vacation in two weeks and counting down...

I did get the side flower banks all re-rocked, dug up, tilled, fertilized and replanted with the help of my nephew. I think the Azaleas, gardenias and camelias will do nicely in the deep shade there. Time will tell. The previous owner of the house decided he wanted a jungle for a yard, and planted all sorts of who-knows-what exotic plants that were a complete mess. In the three years of working at a nursery, I've never encountered these types of alien plantform. Anyway, the gardener dug it all up, and I replanted everything. I'm about 75 pct done with the malibu lights so it should look pretty cool when finished. Maybe a new patio set and BBQ grill will top it all of nicely by the summer.

Riding?? HAHAHA, hardly any. The rain has pretty much screwed any plans we've had to ride the last 2-3 weeks. Next week? More rain, we'll be doing a 20 mile trip up Harding tomorrow, but first a friend's kid's b-day party. Kaleo will enjoy the bounce-house.

Arcade? Nada, just more crap piling up in the garage. I have to clean it up and rid myself of one cabinet before I can proceed again.

As of late, I'm never caught up and I'm always behind on something around the house. Guess I'm glad to be able to take some time to organize my thoughts, put them down on e-paper and updated this blog with an entry.

I started reading again, it helps me fall asleep at night. So instead of getting five hours of sleep, I get six. Hey, its a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home