Thursday, January 25, 2007

New Toy Hauler


Well it came to pass. The Ford F150 finally got to the point of where it was nickel and diming me. I didn't want to put any more money into it. He needed: Tires $800, brakes: $400, fix a couple of transmission and coolant leaks (spots on the driveway) probably another $500, corroded battery cable, $350 and the list goes on. All the repairs would have cost more than $2000 (more than what the truck's worth) and I'd still have an old 10 year old truck with parts waiting to fail. The very very sad part about it was that I only got $500 on trade-in, while I was expecting at least $1500. I really didn't want to hassle selling it private party, so I really should have donated it and got more benefit from a tax write-off. Anyways, I have a new 06' Tundra sitting in the driveway and couldn't be happier. Tundra's aren't cheap, but I got it for about 700 above invoice along with a 3000 cash back incentive. I think I did well, but could have done better with those slimebag dealer sales people. They should have paid me to take their 06' stock of the lot! Anyways, the only thing I dislike about this truck are the monthly payments all over again...

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger moonflower said...

sales car people are pretty challenging to work with! Thanks for your comments on my blog louie :) I don't know that I am that optimistic - but I do like to move forward and look forward to life!
Have a great week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home