Sunday, January 07, 2007

Second of Two posts





Crap, I had written up my boat restoration, but lost it. I'm too tired right now to re-type what I did to the boat but here are the pictures anyways. In summary early 90's Seda Glider - Fiberglass:

New Seamline (black strip) that helps hold the boat together. 4 weeks of work.

New Deck Rigging (bungees used to hold gear on to the deck). 2 nights of work.

New Rudder System, hoses, cables, foot controls done twice because the cable was too short the first time. 2 weeks of work.

New hatch cover

New seat back

Polishing and 303 protectant applied.

I bought the boat on the cheap, but I put a lot of time and money into it. I don't think I would find a newer used boat cheaper unless I was really lucky. I guess it was more for the learning experience as I now know how my boat is built and runs should something go wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home