Monday, October 02, 2006

My neck, my back, my neck and my back!

Not much to write about the last couple of weeks. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a whole lot of work. I'm still training, three weeks left before the Desert Rage in San Diego. the 5-6 hour plane ride to and from Ohio on business really tweaked my lower back. When running last Wednesday, the pain was so excruciating that I couldn't climb. Luckily the 2nd half of the run was downhill and flat, so the pain subsided. I rested about 4 days and seem to be okay on the bike. I'm running again tomorrow and possibly Thurs. so we'll see how the back holds up.

Family notes:

Kaleo has started soccer and I'm an assistant coach. Coaching 4 and 5 year olds is a challenge, but I'm decent at it and I like it. They don't keep score at this age (but we scored more goals than the other team did ;). Kaleo's attention span didn't do all that well. Between team pictures, practice, organization of the 1st game and the game itself, it was a long morning. Next week should be better for him, 45 minutes of practice and he will be starting the first quarter. I hope he does well.

Arcade notes:

This Smash TV / Strike Force cabinet has been a bit more of a project than I thought. Let's see; Cabinet $25, Monitor $25, Game Boards $50, Controls $25, Front Glass $50, Back Door $10, spending about 10 hours in restoration work on a crappy JAMMA conversion - Priceless.
At least I'm making use out of a BUNCH of spare parts I had lying around - coin door, coin bucket, speakers, pair of joysticks, switching board, monitor, game CPUs. That oughta clear some junk off my shelves - well.. not ... really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home