Thursday, December 23, 2004

I am now the Charlie Brown of hardware

Work Notes:
Last week my laptop was stolen. Today, the cpu fan in my DS10 Alphastation seized up, unbeknownst to me and when I came back from lunch, the machine was repeating a VMS version of the blue screen of death. Not to mention that the errors took out my network port. Anyways, Saul and Harold to the rescue, we swapped the machine out with my original devices, got the port reset and was up and running again in an hour. I work with some great guys.

Arcade Notes:
This whirlwind, is blowing the money right out of my wallet. I've had to order a ton of parts for it and while I was at it, got a bunch of spare parts to keep on hand, and semi- expensive parts for other machines. I blew it last night and and only got 1 and a half flipper rebuilds done. But I'm waiting for parts from 4 different suppliers to come in... sigh... Another thing acuired was a gravitar cabinet for my Quantum conversion. I'm officially out of room (again) by two spare cabs. I need a shed to put these in and work on them, but there's no room in the back yard at all

Training notes: NONE, I'm a slouch... am going to go play soccer tomorrow though. And this weekend I'm going to shoot for another long mountain bike ride.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home