Friday, August 05, 2005

DEVO rocked it !!!

House of Blues Anaheim at Downtown Disney. Sold out show. No opening band.

Doors opened at 8pm. We got inside by about 8:30. Standing room only. Had to have been 1200+ folks inside. Ventilation sucked, and very cozy. Hot and stuffy and after an hour+ of waiting, (start time was at 9:30p.m) peeps got a bit impatient. they got started at about 9:50.
The show started with an opening video staring General Boy with "a message". was great!!!

I won't go into the play list (spoiler), but they surprised me with a few songs I haven't heard them play in other concerts. No new material - just a few from Duty Now, FoC, Nutra and of course AWNM. There might have been one from ONID, but it's late now and my brain is as fried as my voice. I overheard that Freeze was the drummer this night, I was on the side
and drummer out of view so I couldn't see who it was.

Everyone there had a great time despite the hot stuffy conditions. Mark's voice sounds as good as ever. Hate to say it but the spud boys are aging gracefully so get to see them as soon as you can.

I met some great kids that flew from Calgary down to Anaheim specifically for this concert, and we were able to get a pic with Gerry before the show.

http://www.lousarcade.com/devo1.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home