Saturday, January 15, 2005

wasn't meant to be.

We were supposed to do mini AR training in San Diego today. It wasn't meant to be. Mauricio called me up last night and had to cancel because of some work issues, I was a bit bummed, but undeterred and I thought I 'd go solo or pick up a beginner that had posted wanting to get on a team. Last night I tried to get all my gear ready and brush up on UTM plotting. It was a nightmare, I just wasn't prepared and i got to bed at like 2:00 a.m. - Strike one. I was able to get a hold of a beginner guy and after some conversation thought i'd take him on and show him the ropes. Turns out, he wasn't in that great of shape and may have been out of his element, but we decided to go forward anyways. Strike 1.5, This morning, I got all my gear ready, beautiful day, but again was running slight late and pressed for for time, strike 2. I get near the 5 fwy and it is jammed pack parking lot. listening to the radio a truck had dumped it's load and it would have been another hour to get through it. strike 3. I called the guy I was supposed to team up with and had to cancel. There was no way to get to San Diego on time and prep. If it wasn't meant to be... I went home and took a nap and got rid of a nasty headache, the last 12 hours wasn't all that fun...

Woke up from a nap, and finished Dracula. Putting some proto-type plastics on, and a hole guard, kinda of a pain, but it worked out well. I've got some ideas on how to approach the whirlwind guards so i'm well on my way. Tomorrow is some time at the park with my son, and maybe some more pinball work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home