Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Year's Day

New year's, pretty uneventful. My resolution is to take it easy this year. No house remodelling, no large scale purchases, no stress. I just want to train and race, and play with my arcade machines and pinballs, oh and a little bit of work wouldn't hurt either.

Training notes: Went for a 5 mile run with my 3 year old on his bike. What a trooper he is, he did the whole ride with only me pushing him on some steeper up hill parts. He fell once pretty hard. He uses dragging his toes as brakes (he hasn't figured out the foot brakes yet). This time his foot got caught under the training wheels, handlebars turned and he did a hard face plant. I expected him to get up with two missing front teeth and a bloody mouth or some road rash on his face, but that was not to be... He got his hands out in time and the visor of the helmet took the brunt. Little bit of crying, not tears, a hug and we were on our way again. I'm a firm believer in helmets for kids, it's a wonder all the riding I did as kid, I never cracked my skull open (knock on wood). Anyways, kaleo did the whole 5 miles, what tough kid.

Arcade notes: Wow, this Whirlwind has been a tough and expensive project... Bad/improperly installed opto on the drop target, 2 pop bumper rebuilds, all 3 flippers rebuild, diverter wiring fixed, a/b relay problem fixed which caused all the coils to fire incorrectly, new fan/blower installed, plastics relaced. This thing is actually playable now after some big $$$ and hours put in. Glad to have it in the collection. Terminator 2 and Arabian nights had the flashers all fixed, ironically both machines had connectors in the wrong spot, taking out quite a few bulbs, both are 100% operational now. PinBot resets have been fixed, re-capped the whole power board, new bridge rectifier and all is well again. It was a big source of frustration.

Anyways glad all my pins are working now. I like playing them, not really working on them. I'm still two cabinets too many, I need to make space, tough part is deciding which games have to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home