Friday, August 12, 2005

Training Ride

So we're prepping for the next 24 hours of Adrenalin and our night ride went like this:

It was a tough and demanding ride on both Cisco and me. We weren't fresh. The problem was we rode hard the night before and I had a bit of cramping in my left calf so I was fighting that all evening. Cisco is really fast so I think I went a lot harder trying to keep up.

Cisco was riding fast until he wrecked in the dark on that steep loose section just before the luge. He got some bad cuts, a sprained thumb and a bruised ego. Light broke pretty good, too I'll have to re-engineer the mounting on that, time to go with hose clamps I guess...

I went down on the luge twice. The first crash, my bike ended partway down a cliff, I was able to step off without going with the bike. The second, I slammed pretty hard when my front wheel went down a rut hole, crossed up and I ended up over the bars then landed on my side and head. It happened so fast that there was nothing I could do. See a hole, next thing I knew I was on my head.

Anyways we were going a bit harder and faster than we should have. But we had fun. Definitely an advanced ride and we covered about 14 miles.

This ride can be started earlier like at 6:00 and still finish in the dark. It's getting darker earlier. I'm going to take a break and not ride til at least Sunday probably. Back to back rides - my legs just don't do that well.

Nephew called and wants to go surfing on Saturday morning, it'll be a good break from the lower body work out.

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Bex said...

Hi there, normal person here ;)

Cramp is a pest isn't it? I find that drinking plenty of water helps as do those drinks that have electrolytes in them. I'd recommend a brand except that being from the UK any brand I'll name will no doubt be of little use!

Anyway, it seems you had fun despite the crashes! :D

~Bex.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home